You are walking down the street, or standing in a crowded location or even waiting in line to go into a movie. What do all of these scenarios have in common? They are all potential locations where you could be a victim of a robbery.
Robberies can happen any place and at any time. You can be robbed in an isolated area or even with a crowd of people around. Robberies can also happen in a number of different methods. They range from an armed robbery where a weapon is displayed in order to rob someone to a simple pick pocket where your wallet is stolen without the victim ever being aware of the crime.
Robberies occur every day in all parts of the world. The victims of these types of crimes can be range from teenagers to the elderly, and the victims can be in any income tax range. Crimes such as these can be devastating for the victim, with them holding emotional scars for many years.
The key is for people to avoid being a victim is simple – don’t put themselves into a potentially dangerous situation. By being alert to your surroundings and the people around the area, you can possibly thwart any potential robbery attempts. However, if you are a being robbed the import thing is to remain calm and don’t antagonize the criminal. If they are not hassled, you have a good chance of getting through the robbery without injury.
Robberies are a very difficult situation for people to be involved with. It can be scary and potentially dangerous for the victim. To learn more about the dangers surrounding a robbery, we have assembled a variety of helpful resources. Hopefully, this will help keep you from being a victim.
- Bank Robbery and Incidental Crimes
- Armed Robbery Information
- The Difference Between Burglary, Robbery and Theft
- Types of Robbery Charges
- Robbery Facts and Information
- Violent Crime Information
- Bureau of Justice Statistics on Robberies
- Violent Crime and Robbery Statistics
- Robbery Victimization
- Robbery and Property Crime
- Dealing with Armed Robbers
- A Guide to Robbery Prevention and Response
- What Can I Do If I’m a Crime Victim
- The Trauma of Victimization
- What Should I Do if I Get Robbed?
- Robbery Violence
- Safety Tips and Robbery Prevention
- Robbery Crime Prevention Tips
- Robbery Prevention for Businesses
- Personal Safety – Robbery Prevention
- Crime Prevention and Other Safety Tips
- National Crime Prevention Resources
- Crime Prevention and Victims Resources
- Crime Prevention and Safety Publications
- Business Crime Prevention Resources
- Safety and Crime Prevention for Parents
- Theft and Pickpocket Prevention
- How to Protect Yourself from Armed Robbery
- Targeting Women For Crimes
- Crime Prevention Tips for Seniors