Stuff You Never Knew About The Shark
- It’s a fact that you are more likely to be bitten by another person than by a shark, be careful who you hang around with not where you go swimming.
- Shark teeth have been used to make tools and weapons for centuries.
- There is a species of shark in New Zealand (the swell shark) that barks like a dog.
- Accessories made from shark leather last up to 4 times longer than those made from cow leather.
- It is thought that sharks have been around for about 400 million years, that’s 200 million years longer than the dinosaurs.
- Sharks don’t have scales instead they have dermal denticles, these are tiny plates which are covered in enamel.